Friday, February 1, 2008

My cute, silly boy

Jordan is a crack-up. He keeps us laughing all day and has such a personality. So, here are some pictures of him.

Jordan is OBSESSED with his pacifiers. We were going to wean him from them but then I weaned him from nursing, then we moved, etc, etc, etc. Anyway, it just wasn't too big of a priority for us. Well, now he is completely obsessed with them and carries around as many as he can find. He has two of his own and steals Evan's sometimes. He is so cute that it is hard to resist. When we tried unsuccessfully to wean him a few months ago, he made up his own name for it - Baba. I really don't know where it came from because we have only ever called it pacifier. That's where we broke down that time - seeing such a cute boy crying for his baba is hard to resist! I didn't realize that this is such a controversial issue either. I have been shocked at how many strangers will just come up to us and say he is too old for a pacifier or tell us we need to take it away! If he wasn't such a happy, outgoing, well-adjusted child who is developing amazingly then maybe I would worry, but he is those things. I guess I see it as the same as having a blanket or stuffed animal he carries around. Anyway, there's my little rant... Here he is with his two babas.



Jordan was being silly on his bus tonight. He is a little goofball!



Ever since Christmas when he got crayons of his own, Jordan has loved coloring (or to "daw" as he calls it). Thank goodness they are washable!



In other Jordan news, he is still amazing. He knows all of his letters now and can say any of them when we ask what they are! And, is still obsessed with the Doodlebops. All day long he asks for the "bops". What a cutie!
Jordan transitioned himself to his bed. After he slept in it once, that was all he wanted. It is really nice because he doesn't get out of it either. He is always excited for naps and bedtime. We lay him down and he puts his hands behind his head and tells us bye.
Jordan is so polite now too. He says please and thank you all the time. I think he has figured out that he is more likely to get something if he says please when he is asking. What are you going to do?!
Thanks for indulging my proud mother moment.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How fun! And just so you know,Jaxon was over 3 when we finally took his binkie away! So no worries there!

RNandKT said...

My mom has a great thing she used as each of her 8 kids had binkis longer than stangers approved of. When they commented she would just ask "Do you chew gum?" Enough said usually they just blushed and smiled but some argued it's not the same thing, but isn't it?