Evan laughed twice at me last night. I was struggling and struggling to make him happy and finally I started making noises at him and he thought it was funny!
For some reason Mike decided his nickname for Evan is Ebbo. At the same time he started doing this I thought I would teach Jordan some new body parts. He knows most of them, but not things like elbow, which is what I started teaching him. Well, now when I ask him where is elbow is he points to Evan!
Evan's fussy time of day is very consistant - he is always getting difficult around 6:30 every night. Well, that is close to Jordan's bath time. So, I started taking him in there and he loves watching Jordan play in the bath. He never fusses when we are in there. It is cute to see Evan enjoy being around Jordan.
When I am doing stuff around the house during the day I can see out of the corner of my eye that Evan is watching me. When I turn and look at him, he smiles so big. His smiles are great - the only way I can describe it is that his whole face smiles.
We went to get our taxes done yesterday. We ended up having to wait about 45 minutes so Jordan was running around. But, every time he came back where he could see me he yelled "Mama, Mama!" with a huge smile and ran to me. I felt loved.
I love playing with Jordan and listening to his laugh. I love spending fun time with him. I have been putting on a song from the Doodlebops that he loves and we put it on repeat and dance and dance to it. He know the moves now and tries so hard to do them with me and the Doodlebops. He is also getting really good at catching a ball. He catches it and I say good job but he won't throw it back to me until I clap too. And, the other night he was putting pegs in a toy with holes. We were saying good job when he got one in so he started say job after every peg he put in. He is a lot of fun to play with!
I love my boys. They aren't always easy, but I wouldn't trade them for anything! Sorry for the self-indulgent rambling, but I've been thinking lately about how great it is to be a mom.
And, since my mom would be terribly disapointed that I didn't post a picture too, here is Evan and his fish toy. He is SO close to grabbing it. I had the camera ready, but this is as close as he came. But, he's just about to!


No comments:
Post a Comment