Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Vacation!

We just got back from a wonderful vacation. We spent a little over a week in Utah with our families, and it was definitely much needed. We had so much fun and did a ton of stuff! We went to the zoo, the aquarium, fishing, Mike went horseback riding, we went on a little date, we played tons of games, and much more! I wish we could do that every month! Here are some pictures.



We spent the 4th of July with my family. We had a barbecue and tried to light some fireworks, but Jordan was scared of them! But, he loved the poppers.

Swimming:



Mike's mom got a little pool for the kids. Here is Jordan actually in the water (he mostly just got in and out repeatedly).



Our niece Aubrey loved the pool. She was doing her army crawl that made her look like she was swimming!

Fishing:



Here is Jordan helping Aunt Heather fish!



Isn't he handsome?!



Mike caught a fish, but Jordan wasn't too sure what to make of it.



Aubrey loved it! She grabbed it as soon as she could!



Jordan was quite good at the t-ball my mom had out for him. I think we have a star in the making!

The zoo:



We rented this little wagon for Jordan to ride in. Can you see the "ooooo!" in his mouth? He just saw a swan.



He was quite bossy - telling us to "go!" He was so excited he wanted to see more. He kept saying, "go! more an!" (which meant animals).



He liked the elephants (he always stays "stomp!" for elephants because that is what elephants do in one of his books.



I just thought this picture was cool with the rhino in between us.

The aquarium:




Both boys really enjoyed the aquarium...and so did we! Evan kept cooing and Jordan kept pulling me and saying, "more pish!"



Evan kept trying to grab the fish!

There's our vacation in a nut shell. I can't wait until next time!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

How fun. I'm glad you guys got to do that. How is everything?

marianne said...

Wow, that looks like it was tons of fun. You know what would have been more fun, though? If you came to se ME!!!!!! Ya, I can see where your priorities are. Go ahead and put your family before me!

Emily said...

Oh, it looks like a wonderful time! I'm glad you got to go. How are things going for you?

Thurbs said...

Hey cousin. It's Aubrie. It's so much fun to see your blog and your cute kids. It's been so long since I've seen you.