Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Notes on dinner and other updates...

Well, the boys enjoyed dinner tonight so I thought I would share it with you all. We don't usually post the messy face pictures, but it was so cute - to us - so here we are. Evan couldn't get enough black beans tonight. And just to prove it, he decided that he would more than just eat them, he would wear them too!


He has really been trying to use utensils lately. He is an extremely stubborn, independent child...and I love that (except when being used against me...which is a lot...)


Jordan, on the other hand, has regressed a bit. In fact, he doesn't really like using utensils. I have been trying to get him to lately. He gives it a token few tries and then ends up holding the utensil in one hand while using the other hand to eat his food. He is also getting pickier about eating. Or, I guess I should say he is refusing to eat some things more often. Like applesauce the other day. I think that that is just plain wrong, but what can you do? On the plus side, the things he loves and can't get enough of are things like peas, green beans, fruit and the salad we had for dinner tonight.

We got Evan a new mattress to sleep on. I will just tell you that we all were a little more rested this morning when we woke up than we have been in a long time. He was so excited when we got it into his room. He kept running up to it smiling and crawling all over it. He's really cute.



In other news, potty training has stale-mated to an "I'll do it tomorrow" every day from Jordan. So, I'm not pushing it yet. He obviously isn't ready and I don't want to traumatize the whole thing for him. He does repeat often though that he is a big boy, big enough to use the big potty. So, we'll see.
Jordan has taken an interest in the sun. He notices it all the time and points it out to me. So we talk about how great it is but I also tell him not to look at it because it will hurt his eyes. So now every time he sees the sun he repeats that. When we were driving to church on Sunday he went through the whole "there's the sun, don't look at it, hurt my eyes" thing followed by "we better get in church, sun not in there." He is so cute. I explained that the sun is good and we like being out in it, but it will just hurt our eyes to look at it. I think he got it...
I just can't get enough of Jordan stories right now, so here's another. He is always interested in diaper changes. So whenever I change Evan's diaper he always asks if Evan is stinky. If his diaper isn't dirty I tell him it is just wet. Well now when I tell Jordan that I am going to go to the bathroom and will be right back he asks if I am stinky. When I say no he says, "oh, you just wet."
Evan is really cute. He is so smart when it comes to understanding the way things work. Today Jordan colored a picture and Evan took it to our magnet board and held it up for me to put up. I don't know why that struck me, but he just looked so cute doing it.
Mike just finished collecting data for his (second) thesis, so he gets to start writing the final sections and be done! He is very excited about this.
I can't get enough reading in lately. I recently read the Chronicles of Narnia series and highly recommend it. I have also been back into playing my flute and I love it. I get to be in the orchestra for a local production of Savior of the World, and I can't wait to start rehearsals.
Well, thanks for indulging the updates. I want to do it more often so we can record more for our memory.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Your boys are getting so big! I can't believe it. I miss hanging out with you and talking to you. New babies are just to much work some times!!

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

That was a great update! So fun and enjoyable to read! I love your little guys! And, I did not know you played the flute. Very awesome!