Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A morning with my boys...

My dad is coming to town this evening, so I spent a while last night cleaning. And since my boys can tear apart the house in five minutes flat I decided to take them out to minimize the damage.

First stop, the airport. We love going to watch the airplanes land and take off. After a twenty minute drive and Jordan's nonstop talk about school buses (we stopped for one in our neighborhood), we arrived at the observations spot, which happened to be filled with men smoking and reading the paper... and us. Jordan again talked nonstop about the airplanes getting bigger, landing, parking, what colors they were, and whatever else came to his little mind. I tell you what, that little boy can talk. We actually had a great time, sitting in the front of the van, snacking on crackers and watching the planes. As I was leaving I noticed a red sedan that pulled in with a mom and three little kids in the front seats. That made me smile!

Next, we went to the toy store to kill time. Because we are potty training Jordan I decided to take him over the bathroom and see if he needed to go. Unfortunately that little boy doesn't fit on toilets and while I was maneuvering and trying different options, Jordan announced, "I don't think this is working!" So, I had to hold him up. Well, Evan was in the stall with us and as soon as his saw the stream, he decided to stick his hand in it. Good times! I'm pretty sure it wasn't what he expected because he pulled his hand right out and kept it clenched the rest of the time. We had a good hand washing session after that!

They always keep me on my toes, I tell you!

1 comment:

The Dave Clarke Six said...

Erica - this is so great. I love this story. It got a few "ooh's" and "gross!" out of our family. Enjoy these little guys while they're small - the next thing you know, you'll be looking at them and wondering where the time went.