Sunday, July 11, 2010

New tricks

We are doing well here.  I can't believe how fast time is going.  We are getting ready to move on Saturday, and the reality of that is starting to sink in.  As we think of the friends we have made here and the ward we have been in for three years now, we are sad to leave.  But we are excited to be entering the last stage of this phase of our lives - after this next year, Mike will be done with school and will have his Ph.D.  So, on Saturday we will begin our trek to Kansas.

Jordan is becoming very good at the Wii.  I can't say I'm terribly proud, but it is really cute!  He can navigate it by himself and is an expert at bowling now.  Anyway, the other day he wanted to hold Colette and play Wii, so here he is, picking up on one of Daddy's favorite tricks:



Colette is smiling a bit more.  I was trying to get her to smile at me today and this is the best I got:


Hanging with Daddy:


Jordan has just been amazing us more and more lately.  He is such a cute kid, but I think sometimes we expect too much of him because he seems older than he is because of how smart he is.  The other day Mike was asking him math questions, like if you have three and get three more, how many do you have, and Jordan was able to answer them pretty quickly without help.  Tonight we were getting ready to read Book of Mormon stories and we were coming up on Nephi building the ship.  Mike asked Jordan if he remembered what Nephi builds and Jordan said, "A boat!"  When we told him he was right and that he was so smart, he said, "That was an easy one."  He's a funny kid.  Anyway, I just thought I would share a little update.  We are all doing well and getting ready to move.  Jordan was a little worried when we told him we weren't coming back to this house, and he said, "But I like the toys at this house!"  We reassured him that the toys were coming with us, so he's feeling a little better about the prospect.

No comments: