Saturday, September 11, 2010

Time flies...

So, it has been awhile.  And my kids are growing so fast.

Evan is the absolute silliest, craziest little boy I have ever seen.  He cracks us up constantly.  Not too long ago he was saying that he wanted to find his  garbage truck for his nap.  Thinking it was his Hot Wheel one, I said okay and tried to find it.  Meanwhile, he grabbed his big one and went to bed:


We debated and debated about preschool for Jordan.  Finally, after another day of him and Evan out of control I finally decided that he needed preschool...we all needed preschool.  So I enrolled him and he started this week.  At first he was just mad because he didn't want to take his backpack:


But then he was just excited.  He said he wants to go every day instead of the three he gets to go.  I am glad that he is enjoying it.  I ask him what he learned when I pick him up and each time he says he learned nothing.  Oh well!  He is learning to listen, sit still, and be in school.


This weekend was supposed to be the father/son campout for church, but it was cancelled because there were lines of storms moving through.  But Mike decided to take the boys anyway because it looked like the storms might miss us.  The boys were so excited that there wouldn't have been any talking them out of it.  I thought they were cute walking around with their backpacks getting ready:


They spent some time at the campsite, but I started getting worried when we were issued a tornado watch.  Finally Mike decided to bring them home and as he was packing up camp a huge storm rolled in.  I was a little anxious but they made it home safe and sound!

In other news, Colette continues to be the cutest thing that ever was.  She is getting big and filling in more and more rolls.  She is really good at supporting herself.  She just had a checkup and she is 96% for height and 63% for weight!  I can't believe it because she was SO teeny for so long.  But, she is definitely caught up:


A couple of weeks ago she started talking a ton.  She is so close to laughing too.  Anyway, she talks and talks all day.  Here is a video I did of her about a week ago.  I absolutely love how much they focus on moving their mouths when they first talk.  So here it is...

2 comments:

Lora said...

ha ha so we have now watched your video about 10 times because Elleah keeps "NEEDING" to watch the "tiny tiny baby". She is getting so big, and boy is she cute!

Hope you are all safe. I'm not so sure about all the weather stuff!

Sarah said...

Wow they're getting so big. I'm with you on the whole debate with school. The sanity of the family needs it.