Monday, February 21, 2011

Remember us?

Well, here we are again!  I had quite the streak of no motivation to blog, but I am back! 

Here is a video of Colette talking.  She started talking awhile ago and it is a lot of fun.  I can't explain my high-pitched voice in this video.  But, she is pretty cute:


Let's see, here are the kids in the tent they got for Christmas:


Colette is getting so big!  She still won't crawl though.  She just loves to sit up and play with her brothers:


We got a lot of snow in January.  The boys were so excited to get out and play in it when we got the first big storm:


Jumping right in:


Oh, and Evan turned 3!  I have been thinking he is three for a long time, so it was good to make it official.  He acts so big, talks so well, and is always with Jordan that sometimes I wonder if they really might be twins!  Here Jordan helped him blow out his candle:


Happy Birthday!:


I tried to get a picture of them all together and this was my favorite:


This is what are house looks like all the time now.  At some point Evan started playing games really well with Jordan, so they usually spread two or three games out somewhere and play:


There are so many stories to tell, so here are some of my favorites.

Jordan is such a little stinker.  The other night I was making dinner and Colette was crying so I asked Jordan to play with her.  He came over to me and said, "I help you a lot.  I think  I will let Evan have a turn."  It was hilarious!

Evan is so sweet with Colette.  I usually put a pillow behind Colette when she sits up in case she falls back.  Every time I set her down and don't put one there, Evan runs and gets one and puts it behind her back. 

Mike taught the boys to flip a coin when they have different ideas about what to do.  And it is brilliant because whatever the coin says they happily accept.  Well, the other day I set Colette up in front of a drawer of toys and Evan was so concerned.  He kept asking me to pick her up.  I told him that she would be okay.  Well, he kept hovering over her with his hands out to catch her.  Finally he said, "I know!  We can flip a coin!"  He really wanted me to pick her up.

Jordan is starting to read.  He is actually doing a really good job and I am so excited to be able to teach him new things.  He is also adding.  He just came up to  me while I was typing this and said, "13 plus 7 is 20!"  It is really fun to watch him grow and learn!

Mike is working  on job applications.  It is a really exciting and stressful time.  I can't believe we are here!

That's all for now.  I will be diligent again!

1 comment:

Brycen and Tanya Wendt said...

I am so glad you are blogging! I love reading up on your family! Glad to hear things are going well!