Mike and I made a parking lot for the boys to play with their cars on, and they love it. Yesterday I pulled it out and they played happily with it for 10 minutes while I sat and read. It was absolutely wonderful. I imagined what it would be like to have kids that just played on their own happily. I think it may have been the best ten minutes of my week! Here they are playing with their parking lot:
While Mike and I were cleaning up after dinner, the boys apparently decided to rub their fruit salad all over their faces and hair. That's more like them...:
Jordan always wants to take a book with him to bed now to read while he falls asleep. When we checked on him, this is what we found:
Now, I just have to get him to sit and read books on his own while he is awake! As I am writing this, the boys were sitting on Jordan's bed looking at these books... but just for a moment until they started throwing them across the room. Oh, boys!






2 comments:
So cute. What a great idea. It looks like you made it out of felt? What did you use to do the lines?
We actually spray painted wood black and then painted the lines on. It is pretty messy with our lines (we definitely aren't artists!) but it works. I was thinking it might have been easier to cut up label paper to make the lines, though.
Post a Comment