Monday, January 11, 2010

My sweet Evan turns 2!

Today my little Evan turned 2.  I am so excited - he is growing so fast and so much, I love seeing it!

Yesterday we broke out one of his birthday presents - he got his own booster seat.  He loves being a big boy like Jordan!



We started his birthday by watching airplanes land at the airport.  I brought a bag of one of his favorite snacks - pretzels - and we just had a great time.  It was perfect because there was a constant stream of landing planes, and the other runway we could see was full of planes taking off.  It was perfect!



Opening presents this afternoon was funny.  Evan first opened a couple of Hot Wheels, and he was done.  He just wanted to run off on his firetruck ride-on and play.  But we got him to keep going and Jordan helped him open most of his presents.  By the end, though, Evan wouldn't open any more because he wanted to play, so Jordan opened them - they were both completely happy with the arrangement.



Mike got the boys juice boxes for today.  We put on Evan's new movie and he was very content with his juice box and movie.  He is so cute!



And then it was cake time!  I made him a cake with a car - of course (don't look too close... I am no professional!)  He liked it, and immediately added his two other new cars to it.  He wanted to blow the candle out a few times, so we relit it so he could do it all over again.  He pretty much just liked eating the frosting, so when his was gone, we went for the rest of the cake.



I love my Evan.  He is such a great kid.  He cracks me up everyday with how silly he is.  He is learning so much and saying so much.  I have loved watching him grow and can't wait to see more!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

He is so stinking cute I can hardly stand it!! They grow too too fast!