I just wanted to get on real quick to post a couple stories from my day today. I have some pictures and a video for tomorrow. Things have been a little off here - my sweet Evan has croup, so we have been taking it easy and trying to keep him cool and happy. He is doing well though. I hope he will be over it soon and back to his crazy, hard to manage at times self.
Today I was sitting on the couch with the boys for a minute and I had my arms crossed because I was a little cold. Jordan started laughing a bit and told me I didn't have to do that. I was confused so he clarified that I didn't need to fold my arms because we weren't at church.
Later he was tracing shapes on a toy and he told me that if he stayed on the red line that I needed to give him a high five. He loves praise and resorts to requesting it every once in a while!
Speaking of Jordan, we had a mini miracle here today - he slept until 9 this morning! I couldn't believe it. Apparently he was up a lot in the middle of the night but I have learned to not hear any of the kids when I am sleeping so Mike kept getting up with him. I feel kind of bad about that!
We found out yesterday that Jordan is really good at analogy puzzles (like "arm is to hand" as "leg is to ____"). I couldn't believe that he can answer them without much thought most of the time.
I remembered something about Evan today. I took Jordan with me on an errand tonight and Evan wanted to come. So we told him that I was just going shopping and then he was okay with not going - you see, he likes going to the store, but he hates shopping! It is so funny that I just have to word it a certain way and then it is a completely different thing.
The boys got some balloons for Halloween and have loved playing with them. In fact, they play with them more than they do their toys. So, I'm thinking about nixing all those toys for Christmas and just buying balloons and boxes and basic things like that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment