Well, what a month. My Mr. Evan has been sick in some form or another for the whole month. I was looking at my calendar yesterday and noticed that my month is full of crossed out things that we never got to do (wow, whiney I know!) First he had maybe croupe, maybe something else. Now they say he has hand, foot and mouth, but he isn't bothered by it at all, so I'm not sold on that diagnosis. But, he is happy and doing well.
The other day Jordan and I layed on the couch together and talked, and after a little while we both fell asleep. I was so nice to have that quiet time with him. And he was so cute:
The only downside though was that the boys were up past 10 playing in their room that night!
Evan won't take naps very often and I am really sad about it.
Speaking of naps, today I could tell that Colette was really tired so I was trying to get her down for a nap. She was fighting it and trying to crane her head to look out into the living room where the boys were. Finally I laid her on my bed (swaddled) facing the living room and she fell right to sleep. She is so much like Jordan so far. He fought sleep so much because he wanted to be a part of everything going on.
Yesterday I took Evan to the doctor to see what was going on with him. When we were leaving he walked right into a glass wall because he didn't realize it was glass. It was so funny and sad at the same time. He was definitely cofused for a moment.
Today Evan was tracing paths on a worksheet and he did it once in blue really well. So I told him to do it in green next so he could practice again. He grabbed the green colored pencil and started making crazy lines all over the page and said, "Oh, the green's not doing very well." He is a crack up!
Very early this morning I started hearing weird noises in my dream. Then I realized that it wasn't fitting in and it must be really happening. It took a little while to process that and when Mike and I finally woke up we saw Jordan standing next to our bed going, "Hmmm.....hmmmm......hmmmm..." over and over waiting for us to wake up. It was actually pretty funny to think about how long he was just standing there saying that. (Mike admitted late this morning that it was finally funny to him. :) )
And lastly, I think it must be completely overwhelming to be the third child sometimes:
by the way, did you notice the "my faith" button on the side? that takes you to Mike's thoughts on his faith. check it out!




No comments:
Post a Comment