Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fathers and Sons Campout

I took the boys on the fathers and sons campout this weekend and we had a blast! I was a little nervous but the boys did really well for the most part. They both really enjoyed their first campout!
After dinner friday night Evan and I hung out in the tent for a little down time while he played with cars.
Evan played briefly with bubbles (just long enough to cover his fingers in bubble residue before dipping them in dirt). The glowsticks were a hit.
Evan was asking to go to bed by 8:30 but I kept him up through the campfire program (because darned if Jordan was going to bed before eating the marshmallows he had been promised at the end of the program). By the time we got to the tent, Evan was so tired he was just hanging his head while he sat.
Jordan and one of his best buddies, Connor.
Mmm... chocolate milk. Which of course they refuse to drink at home. They shared 3 cups before I told them to drink their juice if they were still thirsty.
Look at that beautiful mountain-climbing machine.
One of Jordan's favorite parts was riding the 4-wheeler.
All in all we had tons of fun. The boys and I are looking forward to many more of these!

1 comment:

Page said...

Oh those were cute! There is nosuch thing as excessive pictures when your kids are that cute!