Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chocolate milk and other goings on

We've been having a lovely time here. With Mike home more, we've been able to have a lot of fun, have time to relax, and start getting ready for the baby and the move. I'll tell you though, tearing apart your house to pack and organize doesn't mix well with a pregnant lady's need to clean and put away! But, we are getting a bit done so that we can have a head start before the baby comes.
Mike has taken the boys out geocaching a few times and they love it. Jordan especially gets the idea of finding a treasure and even keeps lookout in case any nongeocacher comes by and they need to wait to keep looking. He especially enjoyed climbing up rocky terrain to get to one - he is an outdoor boy! And because Mike is home more, we have been trying to separate the boys a bit because they are always together and don't get one-on-one time with us much. But when they get back together they are so excited. The last time, Evan ran up to Jordan and gave him a big hug and they played for a long time without fighting.
We haven't been so good at separating the boys, however, for nap time. Jordan is at the point that he doesn't really need (or want...) a nap. But Evan still really does. However, when Jordan says he needs a nap we still try...which means the boys just play (aka tear apart their room) instead of sleeping. So, Evan hasn't been getting enough sleep and keeps falling asleep on the couch during the day:
I'm not sure if the boys sense a change coming or what, but they have been really cuddly with me. They never have been the type of kids to sit and just cuddle, but I am eating it up while it lasts!
Since the father and son campout the boys have been loving chocolate milk, which is good because I have not been able for the life of me to get them to drink milk at all. They get really excited to have it though:
We love the way Evan says chocolate milk, so we took a video of it, of course!

The boys are talking so well and sound so grown-up sometimes that it surprises us. Tonight we had our normal Sunday night breakfast for dinner. I always make a fruit sauce but tonight I did both that and syrup. When Jordan was on his third pancake I asked if he wanted fruit or syrup. He just look at me and finally said, "mmmm, its hard because they're both really good. Oh well, I guess I'll have syrup!" I love listening to them learn how to use words. Evan uses the word actually all the time and I love it. On the other hand, they both are developing a little attitude - when we ask Jordan to do something he doesn't want to or to stop something he gives a look and says, "Okay fine!" Now Evan has picked it up. And I was talking to Jordan about something the other day and it reminded him of a conversation he had with one of his friends and he recounted the conversation. I love that he is at the point to have conversations that mean something with people. It is fun to watch them grow.

As a side note, if anyone knows how to get a little boy to keep his finger out of his nose, please let me know. Thank you!

1 comment:

Lora said...

oh my Evan is the cutest thing ever! i had to replay the video twice because it was so cute! Good luck on the last leg! We can't wait to hear the news!