
Yesterday Colette did something new! She grabbed her pacifier out of her mouth by the handle (by accident, I'm sure) but then she kept trying to get it back in her mouth. The first try she hit herself between the eyes and was startled. But, pretty quickly she fine tuned her aim and made it in!
When we pulled up to church yesterday, we realized that Evan has created a single classifier for a race car - a spoiler. We parked next to a Nissan Sentra four door car that had a spoiler and he excitedly yelled, "a race car!"
Today when I picked up Jordan from preschool I asked him about his class. I remembered that it was one of his classmates' birthday and asked him what they had for a treat. Every once in a while he reflects our parenting back to us. This time it didn't make me cringe! He told me to guess and I said a cookie. He said, "no, but that's close." So I guessed a cupcake. He then said, "No. But I will help you. It is round, but it isn't a cookie or a cupcake." And honestly, my fried brain came up with nothing. It was a donut. But it was cute to hear him ask me to try and figure it out and give me a hint to help.
Mike was brushing his teeth this morning and Evan was by him. But when he was done he didn't see Evan. Then he noticed the laundry on the ground and this:
Evan is hiding under the basket and was very proud of himself!
In other random news, I just learned the most fascinating thing tonight. It turns out that being a picky eater is genetic! Just thought I would throw that out there. I feel much better about myself, incidentally. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment