Friday, October 29, 2010

who knew diapers were so exciting!

I don't have any pictures today, just a couple stories.

Each night we just leave Colette's wet diapers (wrapped up, of course!) on our floor until the morning when we thow them away.  Well the boys started fighting over who gets to throw them away in the morning, so we make them take turns if there is only one.  Yesterday morning Evan got up first and threw a diaper away.  He was so excited when Jordan got up that he went right up to him and said, "I saved a diaper for you to throw away Jordan!"  I love that they get excited to help with things like that because I think it is really funny to hand Evan a diaper to throw away during the day and have him say thank you.

Today I was at the store looking at a toy that I really want to get Colette for Christmas.  I held it up for her and she was really excited.  Then I took it away to put back on the shelf and she fussed!  I am excited that she is getting the age where she has preferences and is aware of her surroundings.

Jordan and I were playing Hi Ho Cherry-O while Evan was napping and he told me he was happy to stay at home with me (instead of going to school.)  He is so sweet.  I know he loves being at school, but it is nice to hear him say that he is happy being at home with us too. 

Here is one of Jordan's favorite things to say lately, "Mama, you are older than Daddy but Daddy is bigger."  He seems to need to quantify and qualify his world, which is fun to see.  He loves doing math and is pretty good at it since he started playing Wii basketball.  He is really good at adding 2 and 3 to any number and can do it without even thinking now.  Maybe he will be a mathlete like his dad was (yep Mike, now it is out there for the world to know! :))

No comments: